Friday, July 20, 2012

My Hero Product! PanOxyl

In my teens, I had no problem with acne or blemishes. I actually started to breakout after college, when I begin to work. And, it’s quite frustrating to have acne in your 20’s.



I’ve tried different acne fighting skin care and went to several Derma clinics (where I’m displeased with facial series and their treatment sets that did not work), but what made my skin clear up is PanOxyl Acne Gel 10%. It took about two months to totally clear up my acne, but immediate improvement is definitely noticeable. I maintained using it for about four months and still use it every now and then as needed. It also made my skin less oily on those super oily areas.


PanOxyl is benzoyl peroxide which is keratolytic or anti-acne. It’s not harsh for me, I have sensitive skin and it worked out fine. I used it twice a day all over my face and used The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash and Toner before it, then just apply a serum over it to prevent my skin from drying. It’s indicated in the instructions that you can use oil free and non-comedogenic makeup over it, however I just gave it a pass. I just used MAC MSF Natural as a powder.
I only use PanOxyl as needed, but I just stopped using it regularly three or four months ago and I’m glad I no longer breakout like crazy, just once in a while - when I'm stressed out.


This is a good anti-acne treatment. If you happen to have problem with acne and want to try this, I suggest trying to use the 5% first, which is for mild acne, and carefully read the instructions, all you need to know such as precautions are there. I’m not writing this as a review, but I’ve got nothing against it. I'm really happy that it saved my skin. Just one thing though, it bleached some of my bed sheets and my MAC 182. I believe this is an over the counter product, I got it my local pharmacy.


Do you have any "hero" product?


♥, Pin

PanOxyl photo from here.

2 comments:

  1. This is the post I have been waiting for! I am having terrible skin problems at the moment and trying to find something to sort it. Where do you get that cream? I have prescribed cream off the dr but it is not doing much good.

    Much love: http://missvictoriam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in the Philippines, we can buy this over the counter in any pharmacy. Try to inquire with a pharmacy in your place. Creams prescribed to me weren't very helpful neither. Let me know if you were able to get it and how it worked.

      Thank you! ♥

      Delete