Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beauty Loot of Regrets

Most of the time I get really pleased with my beauty hauls. Here are some of the stuff I didn't like.

CoverGirl LashBlast Length Mascara
I thought it would be comparable to L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara, that it would lengthen and give a tiny bit of thickening to my lashes. But no, it does nothing. It took 3 to 4 coats to achieve at least some difference and it didn't hold curl. It has a weird consistency that makes it hard to transfer the product to the lashes. But, if you have thick lashes and have problem with clumping, this might work for you. It does not clump and I’ve read good reviews from ladies with thick lashes.
Garnier Milky Lightening Dew
I bought this because, first of all, the packaging is so pretty and second of all I like lightening skin care products for the face to even out my skin tone. Okay, so its scent is very nice, subtle citrus-y smell and it has an unusual creamy formulation for a toner. But, it made me breakout like crazy! That’s it. I guess it’s not suited for combination to oily skin, it says it's has +hydrating agent. One bonus point: It’s nice to look at sitting on my vanity – like a décor.
The Body Shop Cottonseed Curl Boost
It’s my fault, it’s a stupid purchase first of all. The sales lady was misleading. I thought it was a hairspray, something that I would spray my hair when I use curling iron. But, it’s actually meant for wavy or curly hair. If you have wavy or curly hair, I think it would define the curves in your hair and take care of any frizziness, so you might like to check it out. Bonus point: I still use it to add texture and volume to my thin straight hair. It worked that way for me. I like the smell too, which others hate based on their review.
Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care
Again, this does nothing. I've used it all up but I’ve seen no difference with my hair. Unlike the usual conditioner, it doesn’t make my hair extra soft and smooth. Once I washed this conditioner from my hair, it just feels like as if it’s a shampoo. It’s just the same whether I use this product or not, the softness, shine, etc. 
Revlon Crème Gloss in Peachy Sheen
It’s a nice lipgloss. I can probably produce a good review out of it, only if it did not irritate my lips. I got rashes on the edges of my lips which is terrible. I had to skip lipgloss and lipstick for days. I couldn’t recommend it to anyone because of what happened. Good thing is I don’t react to other Revlon products, because most of their products are amazing.

Not all products were recent purchase so I don't know if everything is still for sale or discontinued already. I don't necessarily throw away a product if I don't like it, I try to find ways to use it. I even keep all of my used up products - well, for recycling purposes ;)

Are there any products you're disappointed with? What do you do with them?

:*, Pin

6 comments:

  1. thank you for this honest post! you don't come around to a lot of those lately! fresh!

    xoxo, andie
    Fashionista's Pick
    Facebook Twitter Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andie, thanks for passing by! I followed your blog. So much inspiring outfits!
      More power

      ;), Pin

      Delete
  2. Great reviews, it's nice to see posts once in a while about stuff that's NOT all that great!

    Thanks for checking out my blog & commenting. I'm now following yours, & I hope you will follow back. xx
    just-another-day1.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will definitely follow you. You have amazing posts (:

      Delete
  3. I hate regretting products :( I waste so much money buying rubbish!
    Im a new follower, hope you follow back hun! xox

    My Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed you already! Nice blog! Thank you for passing by and following me (:

      Delete