Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beauty Loot: Skin Care for Combination Skin Type


If you’re like me, where certain areas of your skin are dry, yet others tend to be oily, you most likely fall in the combination skin type. Here’s my beauty loot that comprise my skin care routine.

You can probably tell, I love The Body Shop skin care products. 


They say combination skin could be considered the toughest skin type to beat because you would be dealing with two different skin types, needing different care. Most of people with this skin type have oily T-zone and dry cheeks. Some may also deal with occasional breakouts especially on the oily areas.

Like others with this skin type (and I'm also blemish prone), my main issue is to determine what kind of skin care to use. It took me quite a while to discover the combination of products that will work for me. 

My skin care routine has been the same for the past 6 months. And, so far they are working well for me. (I will probably review these products properly and telling how they work.)
  1. The Body Shop (TBS) Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash and Toner - tea tree line is suitable for blemished skin: I use them twice a day
  2. TBS Vitamin C Microdermabrasion - vitamin C line is for dull skin: I use this twice a week
  3. TBS Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser SPF 30 -  vitamin C line is for dull skin: I use this for the day
  4. Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti-ageing Night Cream - suitable for all skin types: I use this at night

I think that the combo of these products work for me because the tea tree cleanser and toner minimize oil production and prevent blemishes, while vitamin C scrub and moisturiser combat dullness, illuminate and provide the right amount of moisture my skin needs. And I love how my skin is being nice to me. I get some breakout once in a while though.


Some people try products meant for oily skin (which I did then), thinking they must have that skin type because they breakout. This usually leads to dry flaky skin on some areas which could be annoying. Combination skin needs gentle oil control as well as moisture to ensure healthy skin.

What's your skin type? Have you found the products that work for you?

:*, Pin


No comments:

Post a Comment