Saturday, April 26, 2014

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: Review

I had a very good relationship with this product. I've been using it for roughly two years, and that alone could sum up this review, and that is it. I mean it just means that this product is a holy grail beauty find. 

Okay, so this is my first review in a while. Today, I'd like to talk about my favourite powder, the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural. As of now, I'm on my 2nd compact, the emptied one, I already surrendered to MAC for Back to MAC project.
At a glance, its packaging is the signature black and posh plastic compact for most of MAC products. It is a baked mineralised powder, but in my photos, I already used it for some time so, it's not dome shaped anymore, like it should be. 

Mineralised product does not contain or has less waxes and oils, fragrance and preservatives, which make it different from the usual cosmetics.

I use a kabuki brush to buff the powder nicely into my skin. It gives a little coverage, very sheer on its own (it's what I use it for), leaving a halfway between matte and satin finish. So, it gives a healthy glow to my skin. It lessens redness around my nose and evens out my complexion. I was afraid at first look in the pan, because there are traces of frost sheen when it's new, making it look like a highlighter rather that a setting or blotting powder, but when you break through that, it's the best time to apply it. I'm a combination skin type by the way, and it didn't break me out.

Using it over a tinted moisturiser, BB cream or foundation is also a good use for it. I've seen good reviews and tutorials using it over them. But personally, I'm not a fan of using it that way, because it gets too shiny on my face, so I just use a totally matte powder. 

Since I'm all about moisturiser topped with a powder kind of girl, this product is a love, love, love for me! I'm simply keeping it easy that way. ;)

It's quite pricey though, but this will last for a looong time, and with the quality that you get, your money is definitely well spent. It retails for about 150 SAR/ 1,700 PHP for 10grams compact. It comes in 10 shades I believe, and that's a good range, I wear medium.

It does not come with a brush and/or mirror, so you need to buy them separately, or if you already have, use them to apply the powder, or experiment which ever way you may like.

I made some of my friends get to buy it and they love it as well. So, if you're thinking about buying this product, I hope that this review will give you the green light to do so. 
Thanks for reading!

Love.
Pin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment