Sunday, July 8, 2012

MAC Fleur Power Blush: Review


MAC Fleur Power blush is a coral pink powder blush that has very fine shimmer to it. It would suit fair to medium skin tone and I think even deeper skin tone. I got this blush when my skin was darker and it was easier to blend to my skin. However, I found it hard to work with my fairer skin tone. Then, I tried using a stippling brush to apply it, because this brush picks up less color. I was surprised how it blended the blush on my lighter skin.

I'm such a bad swatcher :(


I really like Fleur Power. I’ve had it for quite a while now and love it for a lot of reasons. First, it gives great color pay-off, VERY pigmented. It blends into my cheeks easily and nicely. It leaves a very natural flush because its color is on the warmer, red tone side I guess. So, I apply it right at the apple of my cheeks and look very flattering. Its finish, which is satin, is a great for my (combination) skin type because it gives just a subtle glow on my face.

However, I have an issue with this product aside from its price. MAC blushes retail for 900 Php, contains 6gm of product, and packed in its classic black compact. I’m afraid it's breaking me out. I’m really hoping not!

Every now and then my skin breaks out. When this happens, I give my face a break from makeup. Once my skin clears up I still give it a few more days to breathe before applying makeup again. And, why is it that every time I will start using Fleur Power again, I breakout. Is it just stress, hormones, whatever that makes it a coincidence, or is it really the blush? I’ll observe further. I cannot recommend this product at this point, but I've heard and read such good reviews. 

Other MAC products I own are friendly to my skin.

Have you tried MAC Fleur Power blush? What's your favorite blush?

:*, Pin

5 comments:

  1. my favorite blush is mocha. but fleur power looks really pretty! i really wanna try it out. great post :)

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely colour I'm sorry to hear that it is making your skin break out. If it still isn't working on your skin you should stick it on ebay so you can buy something else.

    Much love:

    http://missvictoriam.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a nosey.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really appreciate your suggestion, such an awesome feedback.

      Delete