Friday, August 3, 2012

Lush Skin Care Review: Tea Tree Water

The second product for my Lush skin care review series is the Tea Tree Water Toner.  Tea Tree is widely known for combating oily, combination and blemish prone skin. However, unlike other products that fights these conditions, it is not alcohol based and not very drying. I’ve used Tea Tree products from The Body Shop, so I’m quite familiar with how Tea Tree works before trying this out.

Lush Tea Tree Toner comes in their classic black packaging, in a spritz bottle, which I love because I love the refreshing feel of the mist on my face. I got the 100ml bottle which costs 325 Php. But I think I should’ve bought the 250ml, since it is 575 Php. To use it, I spray the toner directly on my face (about 3-4 pumps), let it sit for a while and wipe what's left with a cotton pad. But, during those days when I deep exfoliate, I spray it as usual and just let it dry.

I love Tea Tree, in general and not just this particular product because…
♥ It leaves my skin looking and feeling fresh and not dry.
 It has a subtle refreshing scent.
 Since I’ve used it, the oiliness and redness of my skin has dramatically reduced, and I don’t feel the need to blot several times a day. I can even get through the day without blotting and touching up (in case I’m really busy)
 It prevents and fights blemishes, and it helps soothe breakout which makes it heal faster.
♥ With such gentle product, you get a lot of benefits.

I love Lush Tea Tree Water because…
♥ It comes in a great packaging. With the pump, I think you have better control of the amount you need.

I don’t feel like there’s anything to hate about Tea Tree. I’ve used different toners and some are more expensive. So I think that with the benefit that you get with Tea Tree Toner, cost is not an issue.

If you have oily or combination skin type, I would definitely recommend trying either Lush or The Body Shop Tea Tree Toners. I have confidence with these two toners because they worked really well for me. (Although TBS is more expensive, their 250ml toner retails for 650 Php.) Or you can just try Tea Tree product of any brand and I believe it would be just as good as Lush or TBS. However, I would probably repurchase this toner over TBS, because it works just as well and I'm digging the packaging :)

Have you tried any Tea Tree containing products? How did it work for you?

♥, Pin

P.S. If you haven't read it yet, I reviewed Angels on Bare Skin cleanser. You might also be interested. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I've tried a body shop tea tree product and i loved the reults ! :)

    http://beautyllicious23.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used this one, but I've used the Tea Tree Toner Tabs from Lush, have you tried those before? If so, how would you compare the two products?x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried their toner tabs, so I can't really tell. Thank you for asking :)

      So how was the tab?

      Delete